Pages

Wednesday, 18 May 2016

Good Morning

Given my inability to wake up when the first alarm goes off, my phone usually starts ringing at 5:45 in the morning. And with all other alarms every 10 - 15 minutes (yes, it's actually separate alarms, because in my half asleep state I learned to always turn off the alarm instead of snoozing it), I then manage to get out of bed by 7 or 8. Note that I charge my phone on the other side of the room, so I have to physically get out of bed, turn of the alarm and I still return to my bed and fall back asleep. After the long winter I'm still getting into the habit of getting up at 6 am, which usually kicks in around this time of the year, as it's bright enough outside to function properly at such an early hour. The problem though is that it's still too freaking cold - we're in the middle of May and I'm still sleeping safely tucked in my winter duvet. It's crazy. 
However, waking up with sun shining through your windows is one of the best things ever, I never understood people who close all the blinds so the room's totally dark and no sunlight can come through in the morning and can then actually get out of bed. 
And since sitting outside in the sun is actually quite warm, as opposed to being anywhere without direct sunlight (I swear, moving from direct sunlight to a shadow feels like an instant 10°C temperature drop), starting the day with breakfast and tea on the balcony sounds like and actually is (tested) a really good idea. You know, getting a dose of vitamin D in early in the morning can't cause too much harm either. 
Then, when that all's past, it's time to get to work. Uni books here I come. 
Good morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment