Pages

Saturday, 24 October 2015

Day 296 of 365: A Book: A Thousand Pieces Of You

I know it's only been a few days since I last talked about a book, but the other day, when going out to buy a planner and a notebook was my primary task, I also stopped at English literature section in the bookshop. It's just a natural thing to do, when I walk into any bookshop. As I was browsing along shelves, looking for something that would catch my eye, I found A Thousand Pieces Of You. Which is quite unusual for me - I usually go for darker book covers, as they represent some murder solving most of the time. But this one looks so white, yet I was still intrigued. Of course it took me 15 seconds to decide I'm taking it home with me.
So it turned out to be one of those books, that you start in the morning and a couple of hours and 357 pages later you finish the last sentence and you wish it would last longer. The story is about a girl Marguerite Caine, whose parents are seriously impressive scientists and then her father dies in a car accident. The book begins when after that accident one of her parents' assistant researcher - Paul - disappears into another dimension, using Firebird - a gadget that Marguerite's parents made and allows energy to travel through different dimensions. The Paul character is at first the main suspect for killing Marguerite's father. When Theo - another assistant researcher - brings up idea of going after Paul and has two versions of Firebird in his hands, him and Marguerite chase Paul through different dimensions to, well, kill him. Of course things get extremely complicated on the way, there's also a love story going on, but I'll let you read the book and see for yourself.
What I did learn just before writing this blogpost is that the story continues in another book. Ten Thousand Skies Above You. I think I know what I'll be reading next...

No comments:

Post a Comment