Pages

Friday, 2 October 2015

Day 273 of 365: My First Commercial Shoot Day 3




If I had to find the moment I was freezing the most in my life, Wednesday's shoot when I was standing outside on a gas station in just a thin sweater at 7°C, would probably take a pretty high place.
So the final day was shot on a gas station, we started at 10 pm, finished a bit after 3 in the morning. Seems alright, shooting for 5 hours to get a minute or two long video out of it. This one was the toughest though, because there was a lot of scenes where the director didn't need all of us, but at some point just boys and then just girls and there was a lot of down time. And if you have nothing to do at half past 1 at night at a gas station it's really hard to stay awake. When I got to the point of having totally red eyes from tiredness and being a bit cold or something, I made the lethal mistake of the night - I opened a can of iced coffee at almost 3 am for looking at least a little bit awake and put together for shooting the last scene. Of course I then couldn't fall asleep until 5 am and then slept for three hours before I had to get up again.
But all the tiredness of two night and one day shoots (that also lasted until midnight) and all red eyes and freezing aside, filming for past three days was an incredible experience, with the loveliest team ever. I don't have anything to compare it to, but it wasn't bad at all, for my first commercial shoot. It's funny, how we've only been working together for three days, but I already feel like there'll be something missing in my life the next day. However, my work here is done, now we wait for the finished product. Although to be totally honest, I'm really not sure if I want to see myself... Something tells me that even though it will definitely be very well made and edited, I'll be cringing while watching myself. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment