Pages

Tuesday, 17 February 2015

Day 48 of 365: Pancake Day


Today is Shrove Tuesday, or Pancake day and according to Wikipedia is "a day in February or March, preceding Ash Wednesday (the first day of Lent), which is celebrated in some countries by consuming pancakes". I don't really need a pancake day to make pancakes, but every excuse is good for pancakes (pancakes, pancakes, pancakes). However, Wikipedia says that today is celebrated by eating pancakes in some countries. What do others do? Well, we (in Slovenia) call this day "pustni torek" or just "pust" [pronounced as poost], where people dress up (like the world does at Halloween), eat a lot of doughnuts and kids go trick-or-treating. The purpose of the day is generally deporting winter into far far away land, although I'm not sure if it works everytime...
Anyway, today I spotted quite a few pancake recipes on Bloglovin' and everywhere else, so I thought I'd gather together a few that I found and look delicious. I have yet to decide which one I'll go and make. 
First is Niomi's recipe, which is all, vegan, gluten free and refined sugar free. Not that I care about all that, but they look delicioussssss. Then here's another healthy recipe from makeupsavy. Everything seems to be healthy orientated around me these days, which is always a bonus. The selling point here for me are bananas in the recipe, because I haven't yet tried that. The third recipe that I'm tempted to try comes from lydiaelisemillen.com. It's gluten free and all, but the point is in coconut milk, that didn't cross my mind before. 
Now I'm off to pay a visit to my kitchen and say hi to the pancake pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment