Pages

Monday, 2 February 2015

Day 33 of 365: A New Foundation

I have to say that I'm not really a make-up person. I didn't even look at mascara from afar for the first 16 years of my life. My mum has always been a defender of 'the least chemicals you put on your skin, the better' logic and the only make-up product she puts on is a lipstick, on a very rare occasion. And I, well I never really suffered because of that. The result is just me not wearing any make up for most of the time, not fearing appearing bare face in public and generally feeling really comfortable in my own skin. I did once hear someone say, when I was at beauticians, that foundation is actually important during winter, to protect your face from cold, and during summer, to protect you from sun burns. I don't know if that's actually true or not, but it kind of makes sense, so sometimes I convince myself it's good for my skin to actually make an effort and put some foundation on. (Also, that convincing part is easier, when I look in the mirror and realise I need to look a bit more presentable that day.) The only (I think it's the only) other make-up product I use more often is mascara, so I don't look like my eyes just woke up. 
However, my passivity towards make-up means I just don't have many products at home. I had one foundation before and that was Bourjois 123 Perfect. It's good I guess, I didn't have anything to compare it to, until now. So here's a thing, which is quite a big deal for me, I bought a new foundation. Alright, it's another Bourjois, the Healthy Mix one. I tried it once, it feels different to the 123 Perfect. We shall see, how it works out. It does look like the 123 Perfect didn't really need the powder to set it, because it was quite dry in the first place. But Healthy Mix already feels like it will stay on my face better with some powder on top, so I bought a powder too. It's an All Matt Plus from Catrice. Says it's longlasting and ultra silky. Whatever that means...


No comments:

Post a Comment