Pages

Thursday, 15 January 2015

Day 15 of 365: Muffins

First of all, happy birthday to my mum and my brother! 
Today I'm talking about food again, because I haven't baked anything yet this year (whaaat) and thought it was about time I do. And because I needed something to surprise mum and brother with.
So I made muffins. Non-chocolate - because mum always complains that I put too much chocolate in everything (if that's even possible) - strawberry ones. But the mixture recipe is pretty general, so you can experiment with adding different fruits or chocolate or anything.

Ingredients:
-250g flour
-3 tsp baking powder
-150g sugar
-1 tsp vanilla sugar
-1 egg
-8 tbsp sunflower oil
-1,5 dcl milk

First mix the egg and then add sugar, vanilla sugar, sunflower oil and milk. After that, add flour and baking powder. At this point you can add a teaspoon or two of cocoa powder if you wish. 
What I do next is put half of that mixture in muffin models, then I add strawberries (well, banana and Nutella is a very good combination too), that I previously chopped into smaller pieces and top that with the other half of the mixture. Finally, bake in a fan oven at 160°C for 25-30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment