Pages

Wednesday, 14 January 2015

Day 14 of 365: Snack Time

Let me introduce you to a situation: you're standing in front of your fridge, you're hungry, but you have no idea what you want to eat and nothing in the fridge catches your eye. 
This happens to me a lot, sometimes it ends with me eating some chocolate or chips, sometimes I leave the kitchen without food and sometimes (after staring in that fridge for long enough) I actually make something decent. It still fits in category of snacks most of the time, but at least I feel better for eating that instead of whole box of chocolate chip cookies. So, today was one of those successful trips to the fridge, with me leaving the situation with a bunch of carrots and a dip for said carrots. 
This was actually one of the things that my friends made me for my surprise birthday picnic last last year (wow, 2013 now seems so far away...) and of course I needed a recipe for that right away. 
The dip contains sour cream, mayonnaise, grated cheese, sweet corn and some salt and pepper. You just mix those ingredients together - mayonnaise and sour cream in around 50:50 ratio, the rest by the feeling -  and voilĂ ! Then you just chop some carrots into sticks (or buy them like that) and you're ready to go. Oh and the dip also goes great with tortilla chips. Go try now. Thank me later.

No comments:

Post a Comment